Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MOOD OR FOOD? A QUICK MUNCH AT EL POLLO LOCO (MEGAMALL)

Most of reviews I took the liberty of commenting how good the food was on a certain resto. I opt to disappoint you this time. 

You know, since I started working in Manila in 2008, I always have had a chance to drop by this food zone but it's just now I dared and took a peep and taste of their meal.

Just had a quick grab of munchies at El Pollo Loco (Megamall Branch) last July 29th. Awkwardly, I ordered the LOVERS MEAL (pegged at Php510.00). This meal bundled a combination of 4 pc. Mexican-grilled chicken, Two (2) Spanish Rice (as side dish; weird for a Pinoy to have rice as side dish), Ube Halaya and Fruit Coktail as desserts, four hot rolled tortillas, two salsa (tomato plus chili) and two regular drinks.
To be honest, I stared at the served food for like one long minute having this mind-boggling judgement that it was really not that sulit for Php510. I could have brought myself to an eating place I know that wouldn't drive me to an adventure of taste.

And this time I proved that first impression can't even last. From the moment my taste buds met the salsa with the chili kick in it, it was like...WOW. And then I begun to enjoy it up to the last chicken bite. 

Dessert? Hmmm...there's always a room for improvement. Drinking their tea? Hmmm...glass size check please.

But what would invite me to go back isn't really the food but the service. I love their customer service! They tend to have the best bunch of peeps to serve you with utmost personal touch. I must even commend the one who assisted the family with a lola who's physically challenged. Not only that he took the order. He also was the one to bring the order list to the counter. And then the cashier approached them to let the old lady sign the credit card merchant slip.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...